[TTP] The New Normal ?…A different look at league bowling.

Toutes les infos provenant de Bowler Journal, Bowling this month et Talk TenPin.
Tout est en anglais...
Répondre
Rico
Administrateur du site
Nom et prénom : Perro Eric
A remercié : 319 fois
A été remercié : 825 fois

[TTP] The New Normal ?…A different look at league bowling.

Message par Rico »

ImageBy Daniel Bonfield
I’ve had a dream… ok I’m being a bit dramatic. But I did wake up one night, couldn’t get back to sleep and starting thinking, how can I rejuvenate league bowling? Why does it need rejuvenating…? Well I was really looking at the leagues at my home centre Dunstable, which once had a thriving league program with leagues having waiting lists to join. Slowly leagues have folded and vanished or many of the remaining leagues only have half the teams or have gone from 4’s to trios then to doubles. I’m sure there are probably similar stories from centres all round the country. The “model” most leagues use hasn’t changed in decades. You play all the teams in the league 3 or 4 times and you my play Peterson points or play team points for the game or series. The league is handicap or occasionally a scratch league. And what I heard from going to league AGM’s and listening to bowlers over the years was it was getting harder and harder for team captains to find players who could bowl every week or could commit to playing in a league for 40 weeks of the year. And half the teams in the league had got bored because they had become the whipping boys of the league and once you’re at the bottom of a league getting players to bowl becomes even harder. It’s getting harder to get people out in the evening to bowl league. There’s more competition for our leisure and recreational time then ever. We don’t even need to leave the house to be entertained anymore – we all have the t’internet and with netflix’s, prime, Disney + and catch up tv there’s always something to watch. Not like the old days – when it was a choice between coronation street or tomorrow’s world (perhaps I’m showing my age there). So I wanted a league that was flexible, where you don’t have to turn up every week and something that doesn’t have handicaps but still offers something for everyone. And this is what I’m doing ImageDunstable Divisional Drop in Singles…
4 games – cost £20 / Week or £17.50 / week – depending on what division you’re in.
This is going to be a brand new way of looking at league bowling.. and I will explain it best I can.. .
So there are two divisions – a Premiership for the 185+ bowlers and a Championship

Source: https://wp.talktenpin.net/2021/06/28/th ... e-bowling/

Répondre

Retourner vers « Bowling à l'international »